Volunteering at the L30 Community Centre
Have you got any time to spare? Would you like to meet new people and get involved in community activities to enhance the Sefton area? We are looking to recruit volunteers to help in our community centre. Volunteering is a chance to learn new skills, get out in the fresh air and meet new people. Opportunities are open to all ages and genders and any previous experience is useful but not essential.
We are a community based project and volunteers are central to our development. Our aims are to assist people by:
- Providing a secure and caring environment which meets the social, physical, intellectual, creative and emotional needs of the community attending the centre.
- Increasing the contact with the local community we serve.
- Managing the running of the L30 Community Centre as a resource and venue for the local community.
We will offer all volunteers:
- Support from qualified and experienced staff.
- Out of pocket expenses.
- Valuable experience for your CV.
- An excellent opportunity to gain skills and experience.
At the moment we have the following specific volunteering opportunities on offer:
We are looking for volunteers to help us with general maintains of our Community Centre. We are looking for someone who is good at odd jobs such as cutting grass, cleaning windows and small repairs around the centre.
We hold a weekly coffee morning for local residents and are looking for a volunteer to help us run these sessions.
General Requirements of All Volunteers
All volunteers will be required to:
- Be aware of Health & Safety issues and report problems or defects to the Services Manager/Centre Manager.
- Work within safeguarding guidelines.
- Establish good communications with the community and users of the L30 Community Centre.
- Liaise regularly with the Services Manager/Centre Manager, attend team planning meetings and contribute ideas and information to the programme of activities.
- Have a friendly, approachable manner.
- Undertake and enhanced CRB check.
- Be expected to implement, promote and develop the L30 Community Centre policy on Equal Opportunities in all aspects of their work.
Additionally, any volunteers driving the minibus will require a full clean license with D1 classification and must be aged between 25 – 65 due to insurance requirements.